Translate / Çeviri

Friday 7 March 2014

JU-87 Stuka

First of all, I need to tell that I don't remember the brand of this Stuka. It is either Revell or Italeri. Because I had completed that model long time ago and had bought it  much more longer. I did not have much place to hide the model with box and to safe some place in my storage I had removed and thrown the box. 

Actually it is kinda important the brand because I faced with fitting problems especially on the nose section. It requires a lot of sanding and of course it should be done without removing the details which I did not do that. 

That is the one of the reason that I wanted to write this part. Do not skip the steps and be patient. As I did not have the proper equipment and I wanted to finish it quickly, I skipped the step of removing the joint lines. Therefore, those lines stood in my model like a scare especially nose section. You can see the lines easily from the photos. 




I painted Junker with air tube powered airbrush which I don't recommend at all. As it is not possible to arrange the pressure I sprayed whole amount of paint to the model without control it so I had thicker layer of paint especially when I applied 2nd color.   

In my first time I the technique which allows you to create some dirt and makes your model more realistic. I scraped black soft pastel pencil and had some amount of color pigments. This is the cheapest way to do it. Than added some drops of water and liquid soup. Here the important thing is not use a lot of soup as the mixture becomes a bit sticky. We are looking for a coffee consistency. 

When you got the proper mixture there is two way to apply this method. Either use your brush and cover all over the surface in the model with it and wipe the mixture with wet paper towel. The trick is wipe the mixture opposite side of the flying direction of the plane which from front side to rear. Or you can get very thin brush and apply the mixture by touching the brush on the details and make the mixture spread in the detail channels. You can see the my application on the below photo.



In nest pictures you can see the difference between raw paint and got dirtied. Even though I could not apply it properly, it looks better. So do not afraid to try it.




Do not forget to spray a layer of coating and stabilize the paint and most important the decoys. Also this technique makes the decoys looks like a paint instead of some plastic paper which glued on the paint. 

So next time I am gonna write about my new airbrush set which I haven't found time to use or even try it. So when ever I get back home I will try and write about it. 

Take care and have fun with your models.

No comments:

Post a Comment